Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are so you and your
guests can know what to expect from us and what we require from you.
We keep these terms and conditions for Owners
and those for your Guests
In the following, you refers to you, the Hotspot Owner, while
we or us refers to WiFi Surf.
- The Service
- We provide a wireless Internet hotspot service,
WiFi Surf Hotspot, to allow your guests to access
the Internet through your Internet connection for
- The WiFi Surf Hotspot uses the IEEE 802.11g
wireless networking standard with its relevant
- Speeds are stated in kilo bits per second, kbps,
and are peak download and upload rates achievable
through your Internet connection.
- Continuity of Service
- We endeavour to provide as reliable a service as
is possible with the available technology and
within Australian regulations.
However due to the nature of wireless
communications, guest wireless adapters of varying
capabilities, adverse atmospheric conditions,
industrial, scientific and medical equipment radio
noise, and various other sources of radio
interference, we cannot guarantee that all your
guests will receive partial or full speed access
to your WiFi Surf Hotspot all day, every day from
all locations on your site.
- We do not take responsability for any loss,
damage, liability or expense resulting from the
lack of continuous provision of our service
through your Internet connection.
- We do not guarantee connection to any particular
Internet site or service.
- We may take any steps deemed necessary in order to
comply with legal obligations under the relevant
state or federal legislations, industrial code of
practice or under directions of regulatory
authorities or court order.
- We will endeavour to restore your WiFi Surf Hotspot
service resulting from failure in equipment within
- Restoration of your WiFi Surf Hotspot service
resulting from outages, will be kept within
indicated times where possible, but may vary in the
event of exceptional circumstances.
- All prices quoted on our promotional material for the
provision of our WiFi Surf Hotspot system are GST
- Account Payments
- Income from your WiFi Surf Hotspot is received
by us from PayPal and is split between you and us.
- PayPal charges us a fee for using their
services which varies depending on the charge.
The balance after PayPal's fee is what we
share with you.
- When the balance of your share exceeds $200.00
we will transfer that to your nominated bank
- You must provide us with an Australian bank
account in order for us to pay you.
- Any fees incurred transferring your share of
income will be deducted from the next payment
- You are liable for GST on your share of the
- If a guest of your site persistently fails to
connect or log on or has intermittent success
connecting to or logging on to your WiFi Surf
Hotspot after having paid for WiFi Surf
access, we may offer a full or partial refund
of that guest's WiFi Surf Hotspot access
charges without consultation with you if the
problem is clearly with your WiFi Surf Hotspot
equipment or our system.
- If you have an Internet access interruption
whereby your guests can no longer access the
Internet, we will provide full or partial
refunds for those guests that have not used up
their full WiFi Surf access time and data
volume if you request us to.
- In all cases where we provide a refund to your guest,
that guest's access to your WiFi Surf Hotspot
will be revoked. Your guest may buy more WiFi
Surf Hotspot access once the problem has been
- Internet Service
- It is your responsability to pay and maintain your
Internet access with your Internet Service Provider.
We do not contribute in any way towards payment or
maintenance of your Internet access.
- We strongly recommend against you having an Internet
broadband access plan with your Internet Service
Provider where you are charged excess data fees when
you exceed the plan's monthly limit.
- If your Internet Service Provider does not have an
unlimited data transfer plan for a reasonable monthly
fee, we recommend instead taking a rate limited plan
whereby your broadband Internet speed will be slowed
down once you and your guests reach the plan's monthly
data transfer limit.
- If you choose to have a plan with your Internet
Service Provider in which you are charged for excess
monthly data transfers, any excess data fees incurred
are your responsability to pay. We will not reimburse
you for these.
In the following, you refers to you, the Hotspot Guest, owner refers to
the WiFi Surf Hotspot owner who will usually also be the site owner where
you are accommodating, and we or us refers to WiFi Surf.
- Guest Responsability
- You must be 18 years of age or older to create an account
- If you allow a person under the age of 18 to use the WiFi Surf
Hotspot, then you accept responsability for supervising the
person's usage and ensuring the suitability of content sent to
and seen by that person.
- It is your responsability to ensure that your wireless device
meets the requirements to connect to the WiFi Surf Hotspot,
including any software and hardware requirements.
- You may not connect any unauthorised equipment to the WiFi
Surf Hotspot. Unauthorised equipment is any wireless device
that is not IEEE802.11g compliant and or does not meet
- Your password to log into a WiFi Surf Hotspots must be kept
private and secure. We will not refund any use of your account
if you, the owner or we determine that its from unauthorised
use of your username and password.
- WiFi Surf Hotspots use unencrypted wireless link in order to
simplify access and provide access to as wide a range of
devices as possible.
Unencrypted wireless links are open to eavesdropping.
You must not transmit information of a sensitive nature when
using a WiFi Surf Hotspot unless you know that transmission is
over an encrypted network, transport or application layer that
you have established.
Of particular importance is the use of banking websites or web
browser based e-mail which must only be accessed via a strongly
encrypted secure http connection (i.e. https URLs).
- Your username and password is encrypted between your web
browser and our authentication servers. Eavesdropping of your
wireless communications with the WiFi Surf Hotspot will not
allow eavesdroppers to view your unencrypted password.
- We do not take responsability for any loss, damage,
liability or expense resulting from the theft of your software
or data as a direct or indirect consequence of using or
having used a WiFi Surf Hotspot.
- We cannot and do not protect your computer, software or data
from viruses or other malicious software. It is your
responsability to take any necessary preventative measures.
- Material available on the Internet may be offensive,
inappropriate or unsuitable. We have no control over such
content or your access to it and take no responsability for
- You must not use a WiFi Surf Hotspot to ...
- Commit fraud or undertake any illegal, unlawful or offensive
activity or breach any Australian legislation, codes of conduct
or standards established for the internet service industry.
- Transmit, store or place on the Internet any content which is
defamatory, offensive, obscene or menacing.
- Issue invitations or give directions (including hyperlinks)
to illegal content or potentially illegal content.
- Disseminate computer viruses or other malicious programs.
- Engage in conduct to interfere with or disrupt any other WiFi
Hotspot or Internet users or service providers.
- Send unsolicited emails, spam or advertising material.
- Incite or participate in:
- cracking of software or systems,
- breaching laws,
- contravention of WiFi Surf policy or policies
that WiFi Surf may subscribe to from time to time
including the codes of the Internet Industry Association
- Engage in any unauthorised use of material protected by patent,
copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights.